The MDACC Research Medical Library is offering an online course on writing an NIH R01 grant proposal. Over the course of three 1-hour modules, scientific editors will provide practical advice on writing the Specific Aims and Research Strategy of an R01 application.
Registration is required. To streamline and simplify the registration process, the three separate modules of this session are set up as a series; registration for one module will register you for all three. You can attend any or all modules. The series will be repeated every few months.
The modules are as follows:
Tuesday, February 14: Writing Persuasive R01 Proposals: The Specific Aims Section
Tuesday, February 21: Writing Persuasive R01 Proposals: Research Strategy: The Significance and Innovation Sections
Tuesday, February 28: Writing Persuasive R01 Proposals: Research Strategy: The Approach Section
(All sessions will be 12:00 to 1:00.)
Poster Presentation! The Florida Society of Clinical Oncology (FLASCO) invites you to submit abstracts detailing your research endeavors for presentation during the FLASCO 12th Annual Puerto Rico Oncology Symposium. Please submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. FLASCO will award $1,000 for the top 2 abstracts selected and the authors will have an opportunity to present their research on February 3rd during the module “Selected Topics in Cancer Care Disparities” to the convention attendees.
Please see Abstract Guidelines below for direction. The FLASCO 12th Annual Puerto Rico Oncology Symposium is scheduled for February 3-4, 2023 @ Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, 200 Convention Center Blvd., San Juan, Puerto Rico. DEADLINE to submit: January 20, 2023.
• Poster should be no larger than 36 inches high and 48 inches wide. If you exceed this size your poster may not fit on the provided board. The poster should be made on one sheet (rollup). Do NOT mount illustrations on heavy cardboard because they may be difficult to keep in position on the poster board.
• Deadline for receipt at the FLASCO office is January 20, 2023. Absolutely no late submissions will be accepted
• Acceptance notification will be by January 25, 2023
• You must be present for the module referred to above and during the Poster Presentation Session scheduled for Friday, February 3rd from 4:30-5:30pm at the hotel. Registration is complimentary and you may do so with the following link: https://floridasocietyofclinicaloncologyjune152017.growthzoneapp.com/ap/Events/Register/zLEaxX0L?mode=Attendee
• Previously presented posters in national meetings are acceptable
• Topics to include cancer disparities research or other cancer related topics
The Research Education Core informs that our 2023 Summer Research Experience will be held at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center from June 5 to July 28, 2023, in Houston, Texas.
Our program aims to: increase the number of Hispanic physicians, scientists, and physician-scientists (MD/PhD and MD/MPH) engaged in research on cancer, cancer health disparities, and infection-driven malignancies by implementing a Cancer Research Education didactic and research experiences targeted to students interested or already involved in healthcare.
The UPR/MD Anderson U54 Partnership Summer Research Experience offers the University of Puerto Rico students’ college and medical trainees an opportunity to: explore biomedical research as it relates to cancer, to gain firsthand experiences, and mentorship in basic, clinical, or translational research alongside world-renowned faculty, as well as to attend targeted institutional lectures, and seminars. Some of the program benefits include:
- Active participation in the technical aspects of projects, interpreting experimental data, and presenting findings.
- Mentorship: in the fundamentals of scientific research, which include: the application of techniques, experimental design, and analysis, as well as how to present and publish findings suitable for peer review.
- Introduction to the clinical problems presented by cancer patients through time spent in clinical areas.
- Numerous opportunities: attend seminars and lecture series on a wide variety of research topics.
Return visits are offered to trainees demonstrating a sincere interest in biomedical research and an outstanding research ability during their visit.
To apply for the 2023 Summer Research Experience at MD Anderson; please access this link: U54 Partnership Summer Research Program
Remember, as part of the application you must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae or Biosketch (in only 1 pdf document)
- Academic Records (Student Transcript)
- Medical Students need a letter of “Good standing” from the Office of the Associate Dean for Student Affairs of the School of Medicine. Request contact is Mrs. Rosa Cruz, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs of the School of Medicine, at her email address email@example.com. For more information, you can contact her at 787-758-2525 x.1810.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or research mentors, including full name and email.
- A personal statement why you want to participate in the Research experience at MD Anderson Cancer Center: what your future career goals are, and if you are interested in pursuing an MD/PhD or MD/MPH career. (maximum 2 pages).
Attached you will find a copy of the promotional material; the application period is open until January 23, 2023. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact REC Program Coordinator Yomarie Santiago Erazo by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 787-758-2525 ext. 1722.
PROMO 2023 SUMMER RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
This activity is supported by the U54 “UPR/MD Anderson Partnership for Excellence in Cancer Research” (Award # CA096297/CA063000).
The Partnership for Excellence in Cancer Research between the University of Puerto Rico (UPR) and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (MD Anderson) is pleased to announce a call for proposals for its Infection-Driven Malignancies and other health disparities Research Projects for Advancing Careers and Translational Sciences (IMPACT) Program, which seeks to address some of the most profound cancer health disparities in Hispanic underserved communities and socio-economically disadvantaged populations in Puerto Rico, Texas, and elsewhere.
Research Education Core
INTD 5997 for Undergraduates [Pre-requisite Cellular Biology BIOL 4350 ]
INTD 8996 for Graduates, MD, DMD, PhD, MPH, DrPH, MS and PharmD
2 semester credits 30 Contact Hours
September 23, 2022 11:00 am
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Enlace para educativa:
For those interested in having their proposal internally reviewed prior to submission to their funding opportunity, we are again offering the INTEREST service.
Important Dates and instructions:
1. April 29, 2022:
– Submit (1) Intent Form (attached) and (2) pdf copies of the abstract of the grant INTEREST@mdanderson.org and email@example.com
2. May 2, 2022: Full Application Submission Deadline
– Please submit a single PDF that includes the proposal: abstract, aims, significance, innovation, research strategies, references, biosketch of PI and other key personnel (the standard NIH format except the budget pages)
3. May 13, 2022 – INTEREST Review Meeting
– The INTEREST study section will review grants